This is a general getting started guide assuming that your accounting or ERP system is already connected with Ocerra. Please read it to get familiar with what you need to do to process invoices using Ocerra.
Here are quick product tours with Xero and MYOB.
1. Forward PDF documents to your Ocerra inbox
- You can start uploading documents to Ocerra by forwarding PDF bills or credit notes to your unique email inbox in Ocerra. Follow this article for more information.
- Going forward, please ensure this process is automated. Set automatic forwarding to your Ocerra inbox or introduce your unique Ocerra inbox to your suppliers. Read more here.
2. Review processed documents
- Emails with PDF attachments are automatically fed through to your Invoices lists in Ocerra. Go to the Invoices page, and you will see a list of all your invoices extracted from the Inbox.
- All new invoices will appear at the top with the "Received" status:
- Click on the invoice number to review your document. You will see an original document on the left and data extracted on the right:
3. Add required data to the invoice
- Supplier matching - you will need to match a supplier with an invoice layout the first time is in the system. Ocerra will remember your match next time. A supplier invoice layout may vary, and in some cases, you may need to match it more than once until the system has all the layout variations for this supplier.
- Invoice annotation - some invoice layouts will require invoice annotation (training). Ocerra has an intelligent, AI-powered data extraction engine. It can be trained to extract data correctly. Please note that not all invoices can be trained up to 100%, some invoice layouts will always require some manual intervention.
- Code your invoice - if you have matched invoices with a supplier from your system, and this supplier has default settings such as account, tax or terms, Ocerra will automatically bring it up for you. Also, you can always update this information. Ocerra's data extraction screen is fully editable.
- Balance header and line level figured - Balancing header and line level figures is a key concept when processing invoices in Ocerra.
4. Approving invoices
- If you are not using approval in Ocerra, you can skip this step and Submit invoices for export. This way, you can differentiate invoices in the Received (unprocessed) status versus reviewed and exported.
- Submitting, Approving or moving invoices to any other status won't automatically export invoices to your system unless you have this configured in your integration settings.
5. Exporting to your system
Depending on your workflow setup, you can export invoices in different statuses to your system.
- Go to the Export page, select status and select the invoice(s) you want to export to your system.
- Click the Export Invoices button
Exported invoices will disappear from the Export list. However, you can still find them by filtering Exported = Yes or by going to your Invoices list. Exported invoices can be edited and re-exported again if needed.
When you are comfortable with Ocerra creating bills for you in your system, you can set up auto-export from any status, e.g. Approved.