To connect Ocerra with MYOB Advanced, you will need the following information:
- The API User details.
- Username and Password.
- Base URL, for example:
- Company name (tenant)
- The name of the company (tenant) that you will be connecting with Ocerra.
- Default branch ID
- A default branch ID that Ocerra should use when posting to MYOB (optional).
- Branch IDs
- If you want to select different branches on the invoice before posting to MYOB.
- It allows selecting branches both on the line and header levels.
- Default Project
- If project is required and not selected on the invoice, it will use a default project when posting to MYOB.
- Default Sub Account
- If subaccount is required and not selected on the invoice, it will use a default subaccount when posting to MYOB.
- Default Cost Code
- If default cost code is required when posting to MYOB.
Let's get started:
- In your browser go to app.ocerra.com and log in using your email and password provided:
After you log in to Ocerra:
- If you have more than one company in Ocerra, first, select a company that you would like to connect your MYOB company (tenant).
- From the Settings menu, navigate to MYOB Advanced and click on Settings to open up the configuration screen:
Accurately enter the following details:
- Base URL
- Company (tenant) name
- Default branch (optional)
- MYOB Advanced User (the username that you have created for the API user, e.g. OcerraAPI).
- MYOB Advanced Password (the password that you have created for the API user).
Before going any further, please ensure that you have entered the correct connection details.
- Click Save and you will see the connection Status at the top.
It should show Status: Connection successful. Current year and period. For example:
If status shows an error, please check if the details were entered correctly and if the API user have enough permissions to connect with your MYOB system. Then try again.
When connection status showing success, please continue with the below settings:
- Auto Export from Status (optional, should be configured later).
- Branches - if required list branch IDs using commas to separate them.
- Default Project if required.
- Default Sub Account if required.
- Default Cost Code if required.
- Last Sync Date: keep it as it is.
Importing data from MYOB
To import data from MYOB, you will need to click sync on the required components in Ocerra for the first time. After the initial sync process, Ocerra will import new or updated information in 20 minutes intervals. For example, if you create a new supplier in MYOB, it will be automatically imported in to Ocerra for you.
Subaccounts, projects and project task - enable and sync if using.
- Please enable and sync these components in the following order:
Toggle on Sub Account, click Save and click Sync.
Toggle on Projects, click Save and click Sync.
Toggle on Project Tasks, click Save and click Sync.
Enable Connection: should be enabled automatically. If note, toggle it on and click save.
Timeout errors during sync process
During sync process you may encounter a timeout error, it will pop up at the left top corner. No troubleshooting is required as it usually resolved automatically. Please do not keep clicking the sync button, just give MYOB some time to provide the requested information and you will see it in Ocerra in a few minutes.
Importing other key components
Chart of Account (required) - Click Sync and it will import the following Account Types:
- Assets, Liability, Expense, Other Expense, Accounts Payable, Cost of Sales, Other Current Liability, Other Liability and Long Term Liability.
- It will also import Tax IDs, Rates and Tax Type
Vendors/Suppliers (required) - click sync and it will import the following information:
- Supplier name, tax number, country code, default expense account, default tax rate, default payment terms, external ID and payment details, such as BSB and account number.
Payments (optional) - click sync and it will import the following information:
- Invoice number, supplier name, date, reference and amount.
Item Codes (if using) - click sync and it will import the following information:
- Stock and not-stock item codes, item description and status.
- The column for Items should be enabled via General Settings: https://app.ocerra.com/#/master/client-settings
Purchase Orders (if using) - click sync and it will import the following PO information:
- PO Number, PO Supplier, PO Date, PO Quantity and Amount, PO status, PO receipted information and all the PO coding that you can edit in Ocerra.
Other (optional) parameters
Calc Taxes in Acumatica:
By default Ocerra calculates tax amounts based on the invoice. If this parameter is enabled, Ocerra will stop calculating and will rely on MYOB Advanced calculations. This can help overcome rounding issues and everyone manages it differently. You will need to decide what works best for you based on the export results and enable or disabled this functionally.
Export Other Attachments:
In Ocerra, there is an option to add supporting documents as attachments for each invoice. If you would like these attachments exported to MYOB, enabled this parameter.
This is a paid functionality, and it will enable the option to select branches on the header level of the invoice.
Payment By Line:
Enable if you are using this functionality in MYOB Advanced.
MYOB Advanced is a highly configurable system, and the provided setup options may not cover all capabilities. To ensure compatibility and successful implementation in Ocerra, we will work together to determine if additional settings and parameters need to be configured or added. Please note that this may involve additional setup fees.
Testing Export to MYOB
When the connection with MYOB Advanced is established, please upload some sample invoices to Ocerra, and ensure the invoice is ready for export (please refer to the Getting Started Guide).
The first test export will show if any additional settings are required or if you need to review MYOB Advanced settings to allow seamless flow of invoices from Ocerra.
Read next: Integration Pre-requisites