- Learn how to train the system to read invoice table including lines and columns
This type of annotation consists of line-based and column-based annotation techniques. The purpose of this techniques is to train the system to define invoice line and columns on the invoice correctly.
This type of annotation is needed at the table/line level of the invoice. For example, if you have incorrect or missing data extracted from this part of the document.
Usually, a system will define the table automatically by drawing a blue frame around it:
In the above example, the system defined the table correctly and thus extracted information successfully.
Some invoice layouts are tricky for the system and even for a human eye to read. So the system may identify the table incorrectly or miss it altogether. This is ok, and there is a way to show it how to define it correctly next time.
For example, in the image below the system picked up some extra data that we don’t want in the table fields:
You can draw an entirely new table or fix an existing one:
Drawing a new table:
You can easily draw a new frame around the table. To do so, please:
- Click the “Clean” button - it will automatically summarize all the lines into single-line. Ignore if you need all the lines and processed to the next step.
- Click “Annotate Table” and move the cursor to the left. You will see a blue dot on the left side of the screen.
Use this dot to draw a new frame around the table.
- Click and release the cursor and start drawing the frame around the invoice table. When finished, release the cursor, and it will fixate the frame. You should draw the frame including invoice lines only.
- Click the red button below to “Annotate”, don't close annotate window unless it is completed.
It should now extract the data from the place defined by you:
If something is still missing from the table, e.g. quantities, you can apply column-based annotation (See below).
This type of annotation is needed to show the system how to read the column from the invoice table correctly.
The data might be missing or incorrect on the column. This is ok. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Click on the icon and then click on the header of this column on the original document on the left. It will pick up the data immediately.
2. Click the red "Annotate" button.
If you have a few columns to fix, do it all at once and then click “Annotate”.
On some invoice layouts, annotation may not work, please let us know and we'll adjust an AI-algorithm on the invoice layout.
In the meantime, you can also enter any missing data manually or use "click-click" to add it quickly.
Please refer to this video for a detailed explanation of invoice annotation process.