- Everything you need to know about archiving invoices from the Invoices List in Ocerra.
There are a few options of how you can archive documents in Ocerra depending on your system usage and integration: Manual archive for each document, bulk archive and auto-archive.
Note: Archived documents aren't deleted but moved to the Archived list from your Invoices list. From this list you can search and filter, as well as download an archived document. Archived documents are in read-only format and cannot be edited.
Option 1. Manually archive each document
The purpose of this feature is to archive duplicated invoices or anything that is not an invoice, e.g. a flyer.
Please click archive as soon as you see came across it, however, if it is a Statement, save it as A Statement.
Option 2. Bulk archive from the Archive List (New)
This option works for bills and credit notes only. Any other files should be manually archived using option 1.
On the main menu, navigate to Settings - Archive
Click Bulk Archive and Configure the pop up screen
- From Date - Received date of the document
- To Date - Received date of the document
- Is Paid - Yes, No or leave it blank - If Ocerra doesn't have payment information synced back from your accounting or ERP system, please leave it blank
- Is Exported - Yes, No or leave it blank - We recommend archiving only Exported documents (bills and credit notes)
- Status - Please enter the status of the documents that you would like to archive, e.g. Submitted or Approved
- Click Estimate if you would like to see how many documents you are going to archive
- Click Archive
Option 3. Auto-archive (Beta)
This feature is designed to work with the API integration for MYOB ARL, MYOB Advanced and Xero.
In order for Ocerra to auto-archive, an invoices needs to be exported from Ocerra and paid in your system.
Ocerra then syncs payment information to perform auto-archival if it is enabled.
(!) Currently this feature is in Beta as we are working on ensuring the payment information is synced accurately back to Ocerra depending on your accounting system. You are welcome to test it out.
- Go to Settings - General
- Auto Archive (Day) - set up after how many days you want invoices to be archived, e.g. 20
- Auto Archive States - set up in what status(es) an invoice can be auto-archived, e.g. Submitted, Approved
- If you have multiple statutes when auto-archival can be applied, use comma to add more statuses, e.g. Approved, Declined
For data integrity, there is no unarchive option. However, you can “download” an archived item if archived it by mistake.
Please contact support if you need help with archiving your documents.